Japanese Cheesecake. Perfect Japanese Cheesecake / cotton cheesecake recipe for a pillowy soft, light-as-air & heavenly cheesecake, no crack top & straight side. Japanese Cheesecake is very popular outside of Japan. Japanese cheesecake has the lowest calories of all cheesecake.
Learn to master this Japanese classic dish in your own home! It has a less sweet flavor and fewer calories than standard cheesecake, containing less cheese and sugar. This Japanese Cheesecake is the most requested Japanese recipe on Nagi's post 'Request A Recipe!'. You can cook Japanese Cheesecake using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Cheesecake
- You need 85 g of cream cheese.
- You need 30 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 65 g of milk.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 35 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 10 g of corn starch.
- You need 2 g of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
- You need 55 g of sugar.
It's light, fluffy, moist and less sweet than any other cheesecakes. Yes it is called "Japanese" soufflé cheesecake. It is extra fluffy and jiggly when it is just baked. Japanese soufflé cheesecake is especially light and cotton soft and tastes so delicious.
Japanese Cheesecake step by step
- Melt the cheese and butter into the milk over the stove..
- In a separate bowl with the egg yolks, sift the flour and corn starch in. Add the vanilla then mix..
- Add the cheese mixture until everything is well combined..
- In another bowl beat the egg whites and add the sugar gradually until u reach stiff peaks.
- Combine the egg whites into the mixture..
- Pour the mixture in the pan and put it in a water bath.
- Bake at 120° for 20 mins.
- Bake at 150° for 20 mins.
- Bake at 110° for 30 mins.
- Bake at 180° for 5 mins.
Is there a dessert more mesmerizing than a Japanese cheesecake? This bouncy confection, also known as a Japanese cotton cake, is astonishingly light and — when cooked and cooled. Japanese cheesecake is pillowy soft, with cottony texture and soufflé like crumbs. When it is fresh from the oven, the cake is so soft that it jiggles like soufflé! That is why is called soufflé cheesecake in.